Bad News, Please take a moment and read this.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by stacesam1, Dec 29, 2009.

1. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

Hi All,

As you know, Tony aka Bruno has been very sick with cancer. I have just heard from his family that he passed away last Wednesday, a day shy of Christmas.

He was very sick and the last time I spoke with him was before Thanksgiving. Tony and I had become very good friends for over a year through Skype, emails and Im's. He had told me not to worry and that he was going to take it day by day. As the weeks progressed I had not heard from him. I had heard from his friend, Andy who told me that he was being moved into a facility to make more comfortable and that he did not have long to live.

I wanted to share this news with all here on the dragon board because there are lot of you that genuinely cared about Tony. He always gave great advise and most of the time, probably 99% of the time he was right.

I also want to let you know that because of Tony, my Elliot is still alive. He basically saved his life and it was on this board tha the did it.

If you could, please take a minute or two to reflect on the beautiful person that he was.. and remember that he is always looking down on the people that he loves.

Cherin likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kephy

kephy Moderator

I am truly saddened to hear of Tony's passing. Not only was he a caring person to people and animals, he was a cherished member of the forum, and most importantly, a friend. Tony was so devoted to this forum and to helping animals and their keepers, I don't think there are many here who's lives he didn't touch. He will be dearly missed. I am comforted to know he is no longer suffering, but it doesn't take away the pain we are all feeling of his loss. The world is less one truly amazing person.

Thank you Stacey for staying in touch with him and his family and friends. Thank you for bringing us the news, sad as it is.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Nessi

Nessi Member

Very very sad news, indeed. I will miss him backing me up on posts. I often sent him a PM and said, "Hey Bruno, would you back me up on this one. Add whatever I am missing..." He truly did have his heart and soul in this forum and will be missed.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. caseyface

caseyface New Member

Oh no ^_^ what sad news to hear. I didn't know Tony personally, but I always appreciated his quick responses and advice on the forums. My thoughts are with his family.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Belletair

Belletair New Member

It brings tears to my eyes to learn of his passing. We conversed a few times before (when I was under a different username) and always... Tony/Bruno was saintly, so kind and knowledgeable.

My regards to his family. He'll be truly missed, both in the herp world and in the world of men.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MimC

MimC Moderator

Oh my goodness....this is just terrible! Its been a few months since i had spoken to Tony because of my lack of internet....I had no idea any of this was going on. He was an amazing man....Im going to miss him so much.

Stacey - do you happen to know what happened to his animals, particularly his Uro Spike? I know they meant the world to him and it would mean a lot to him to know that they went to good homes. Any idea what happened to them?

Im completely in shock....

12. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

All of Tonys reps went to his good friend Andy who has a specialty reptile store. Andy assured me that he will take good care of them and make sure that they go to loving homes.

Funny, I almost thought about taking Sam, but I think its just too far to ship him.

13. adorabledragons

adorabledragons New Member

I wasnt able to get on the site for a while and am so sad that this post is the first post I have read..... I didnt know bruno for very long but what a lovely man who truly loved his reptiles and really wanted to help us all look after our various reptiles as best as we could.................I am sure a lot of beardies lives have been made a lot brighter because of this shining star............................ sleep well Bruno.............anny, beanie and mamba

14. teach920

teach920 New Member

Thank you so much for letting us know...I had sent a few PM to Tony in the past few weeks just letting him know I was thinking of him and hoping he was feeling as well as possible...even though I knew he didn't have much time, I still can't get over the fact that his time finally arrived....He was truly a WONDERFUL person who genuinely cared for so many people and their animals... He will be dearly missed.....

15. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

I have to say, I am going through a very rough time, knowing he is gone. Every morning when I get on my computer, I automatically look for his name on my buddy list, but then, I realize that he is gone. Who would have thought that we would have found a wonderful friend on a reptile board. I miss him.