Are female Crested Geckos Harder to Come By?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by BoyntonStylez, Feb 3, 2005.

1. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

We have been looking for a female crested gecko. Right now we have two male crested. Everyone I have spoken to say they have males as well. (By that, I mean people I meet atthe petstores, or ones I see at MANY different petstores). Are females harder to come by? Someone told me its because the breeders do not want little babies running around so only males are available? I hope this doesnt sound like a stupid question .. /=

-Julez

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. nuggular

nuggular Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will be able to find a female if you look hard enough. I am going to a reptile show in WIS in April and I will be lookin for a crestie. If you live near wisconsin, here is the information about the show, heres a link,

http://www.crestedgecko.com/Information/WI...TILE%20SHOW.htm

Also, if you search google for Crested Gecko Breeders, you'll find one Im sure. I have searched for them online and found many sources selling a female or two.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizagurl

lizagurl Embryo

I just bought a crestie from my local petstore and it is a female, I am sure that if you look online you should be able to find one no problem. Just depends on how much you want to pay

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Are you sure yours is a female? It depends on the size in order to tell.

Anyway, it just seemed where that everyone I spoke to said that they had only males. I live in Florida, and we have a reptile shop that will 'Special Order' me whatever I want. I just have to go in there, give them what I want, sex, specifications (like color, morph, etc), and my amount. In three days, Ishould havea new little friend.

-Julez

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

when i talked with Robbie Hamper, she said that females are harder to come by then males are and she doesnt know why. here is her available list and she has adult females http://www.pythons.com/hamper/avail.html

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Cool, thanks so much. I am looking to get Milo a girlfriend.

-Julez