Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by MitchellH, Jan 3, 2006.

1. MitchellH

MitchellH Embryo

Hi everyone. I have decided to make an enclosure for a Children's Python inside the base support for our chimney (it is brick). There is an Arch in the bricks 40cm of the ground with the demnsions of 170cm high, 110cm wide, and 60cm deep. I would like to fill the whole arch with the enclosure, the bricks will be rendered and painted in a short time. Any ideas on how to transform it into a beautiful yet pratctical enclosure would be appreciated. My idea is to make a wooden frame on the inside of the bricks at the front which will support the glass/perspexwhich will swing open like a door. The door will only be on the area where there is no or only a slight slope in the bricks above that will be a black mesh/grate. i dont know the name but it is black and is like a sheet with small hole punched in it very close together. Behind the mesh will be the spot light, heat lamp etc. this grate area will be blocked off to prevent the snake getting behind it.

Anyone who can comment about this idea and design will be greatly appreciated and any1 with another design would also be very helpful.

I got pics ready to go but i havn't figured out how to post them yet, but when i do i will. I can email them to any1 who wants them thanks again