An introduction and some pics

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by PS-RagE, Jul 26, 2004.

1. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

Hello there! I followed Axe here from the Nikonians Forum. Nice to see a modern forum for our scaled freinds!

Anyhow, this will be the first of three posts I intend to put up tonight so thought an introduction and some pics would be apt.

This is our buddy "Dizzy". He's about three years old. When he was new he had a bad bout of MBD and was left with the "nose" you see in the pic. I had to force feed him baby food with a syringe for many months to pull him out of it.

[​IMG]

This year for Christmas, he was the recipiant of "The Big Present". Previously, we had the little (at the time) fellow in a 10gal aquarium and he had severly out grown it (dragon in a fishbowl). Since we put him in here, he has almost tripled in size! :shock:

[​IMG]

Needless to say, he really likes his new home. When we take him out to roam about, within 15 min or so he will climb right back in.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

gorgeous tank and a pretty good looking ig (except for the lower jaw :lol:) what are the dimensions of the enclosure?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

We've looked at him for so long this way it seems normal to us now. Don't all iguanas have a nose? :?

The cage is 6'x4'x2'

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jackiet

jackiet New Member

Ps that is a nice cage
    Did you buy that new? & May I ask how much you paid for the whole setup????

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

It was $1200US from Cages By Design with all the accessories (shelves, log etc). The freight was killer though. I think it cost me around $300-$350 to get it sent to Michegan priority (we wanted it by Christmas and time was running out). I drove there and picked it up - 16 hour round trip.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jackiet

jackiet New Member

Been on Cages by Design...... Very nice cages on that website.. very pricey-but beautiful
    They have that price estimator for cages~~~I "guessed" on everything I wanted-came out close to 2Grand.

PSrage-did you make your order over the phone, or used the internet to order????
    Internet way seems confusing to me-- I would be afraid of incorrectly ordering needless parts.

12. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

That was one of their package deals: the "Complete Setup R7"

I had originally made the order over the 'net like I always do and I got my confirmation number, but when I still didn't have the cage a month later I called to see what the holdup was. Turned out to be a computer glitch. My order should never have been processed as they normally do not ship to Canada due to the incredibly large FedEx charges (shipping would have been $700US). So, that is why I had them send it to Michegan (Pelston) and I drove there to get it.

It is a beautiful cage and it has to be as it sits in the middle of the living room. Had to look like furniture. The really cool part was when we had a decorator come in to evaluate the house, she pulled colours from the cage so everything would match.

13. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Embryo

Heh, we've recently adopted a kitten. Dizzy also recently has decided that he wants out to roam (he will scratch at the glass). So, the inevitable meeting had to happen. I've never heard him hiss before (sounded almost like a growl) but the pussy-cat certainly got him going! Anyhow, the three-year old dragon has asserted his place over the 8 week old cat. Kitty now knows that there is another creature living here and it probably would be best to leave it alone 'cause it will bull-whip you! Pretty much the result I was hoping for. Respect is a good thing. Next is to get the dragon not to whip the kitty. He's as freindly as you could ask for but certainly knows a predator when he sees one!