All the fun of the fair, how sick!!!!

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by iturbott, Aug 19, 2004.

1. iturbott

iturbott Embryo

Well, the county fair is in town, lights, cotton candy, rides and sideshows. Little goldfish in plastic bags and Iguanas in lil critter keepers.
    Thats right folks, roll up, roll up, land a ping pong ball in the yellow bowl and win your very own Iguana!!!!!!!!

Our daughter came home from the fair and told us what was being given away there, we were shocked as we had read page on Melissa Kaplans site about this very same thing.

We went along to have a look. Sure enough, in a small cage, with no heat or light, 3 in the corner, looking very scared. Not wanting the carnie to know what is going to happen tomorrow, I paid $1 for 6 ping pong balls and tried to win one. Not my best game. I wanted to win one so I had a good reason to ask the carnie about care and nutrition of the pretty lil lizard. No sign warning of the Salmonella hazard, no care sheets and the carnie looked bored and not wanting to be there.

In the morning my wife will be calling the health dept, the aspca, USDA, and any other organization we can find and then we will be back there tomorrow night to see if anything has been done.

We'll keep you posted

Take care

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

That's horrible...I can't believe that they were giving those as prizes...very sad. I'm glad that your wife will be calling to report them tomorrow. You'll have to keep us posted as to what happens.

Rebecca