40 galb Uromastyx setup

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Jourszzo, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Jourszzo

Jourszzo Embryo

My new Uromastyx setup with the guy inside. Does anyone have any critics that can help me make it any better IMG_20160801_102653377.jpg

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hi! I know this is super old but I wanted to post just incase anyone still comes across it... a 40 gal breeder tank, though good for his size right now, will not be big enough of a tank for when he's full grown. Also, Uro's do much better with tanks that have a front opening, not a top opening. This will also allow you to put the UVA/UVB and heat bulbs inside the tank without any mesh of the screen filtering out the light or heat :) Make sure his basking spot is 120-130 degrees and he has a cooler side (looks like you do). Also, I can't tell what your substrate is but tile is the safest to use, or washed play sand. I have always had mine on tile to help keep his nails filed down and because its closer to his real environment. They also like to dig though so giving him a "dig" box if you choose tile is a good idea :) Hope this helps and he's doing well!