Young crestie diet

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by mliscool2003, Jun 28, 2005.

1. mliscool2003

mliscool2003 New Member

crix

Sorry I am not very clear. I meant that is the T-Rex Cricket Dust an example of the multi-vitamins dust you are talking about?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

mliscool2003, try and think of the whole food/suppliment thing like this;

For a balanced diet, your pet needs so much protein, so much vitamins, so much minerals, etc, etc... the items you feed your pet are not by them selves a "balanced" diet, so we suppliment by dusting (insects) or adding (babyfood) a powdered formula to bring about the required balance... so of the 100% consumed, x% is vitamins, minerals, etc... once you start supplying any items that aren't dusted, this balance is thrown off because the suppliment percentage of the total foods comsumed is now less...

Swapping back and forth from insects to babyfood is for variety and excercise, all still needs to be supplimented to keep the balance...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. VAherper

VAherper Member

Just throwing the dose i use out there. My vet recommended calcium dusted crix once a week, and vitamin dusted crix every other week. For juvies and babies id use calcium somthing like 3-4 times every two weeks. Whats everyone else using as their dose?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

We use calcium on the crix all the time, vitamins about once every 2 weeks. As for baby food, lately it is just plain but occasionally we put both calcium and vitamins in. Ours seem to be growing and are healthy.