Yellow Calcium deposit?

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Cadaver, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Cadaver

Cadaver Embryo

Soooo....

My little Argentine B&W Modoch recently pooped, and his calcium deposit is like, BRIGHT yellow.

I did a quick search on it, but didn't find any results, so sorry if it seems like a newb question, but is this a problem? Should I be worried?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mutt225

mutt225 New Member

Sounds like dehydration to me. Google dehydration for some help tons of things will come up on the matter hopes that helps.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cadaver

Cadaver Embryo

Dehydration! Thanks! I never would have thought of that! I googled it like you said and am going to go get some pediolyte, but everything else Ive read suggests that I'm pretty much doing the right thing by him, his tank is kept pretty humid, and he has fresh water available at all times, he even soaks in it several times a week... Do you think his enclosure could be too hot, perhaps? Everything I've read on tegus suggests the basking temp be between 100 and 110, and it seems to stay at around 101-106... Even with the humidity and the fresh water, do you think that I should maybe cool him down, perhaps, if the problem persists?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mutt225

mutt225 New Member

Check his other temps such as cool end and all if he is soaking alot could be telling you its a bit to hot in there. Your basking temps sound good but if he has nowhere to go and cool down at all you are doing is just not going to help. It is a early sign so you are doing good by him, IF you want you can put him in warm shallow water should get him drinking if he is not. Just make sure you keep your humidity good, check your temps, and have water available and he should turn out just fine.