yayyy i finally got ma iggy

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by lewis_lizard14, Sep 2, 2006.

1. lewis_lizard14

lewis_lizard14 New Member

yayyy toay i went and got my new iggy hehe i called him .... iggy lol and he is only tiny at the moment but i cant wait for him to grow

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bearded_dragon_man

bearded_dragon_man Member

thats sweet, good luck
    -Spencer

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lewis_lizard14

thanks he isnt very tame he keeps tale wipopuing me lol i know it is a bit early to expect hjim to trust me but i was wondering if there were any tips for taming him at the moment i am noty handling him because i am letting him settle in for a few days

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lewis_lizard14

did anyone have the problem of your iggy tail whipping you when you put your hand near him i have only had him a few days but i was just wondering if it is normal and he will grow to trust me?? thanks alot

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bearded_dragon_man

bearded_dragon_man Member

some tricks i used when i first got mine is try and stay in the same room as him for maybe a couple hours a days or if he`s in your room just spend alittle more time with him in your room and 1 thing to rember when your taking his food out try and put your hand in very slowly while saying his name in a gentle voice and take your hand out very slowly as well. here is a good site to rake a look at they have a boatload full of useful information from what to carey as a emergencey kit to how to build a habitat for him www.greenigsociety.org
    and again good luck with iggy lol,

-Spencer

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lewis_lizard14

lol thanks alot thats loads of help thank you

12. lewis_lizard14

whenever i feed he wont eat or really move very much when im in the room is this normal??

13. c3powil

c3powil New Member

yea,sure,my iggy always freezes when I come in to the room cause he aint tame yet.

14. lewis_lizard14

lol sorry to keep asking questions im like that i get an awnser for one question then i think of another so i try and sort all of it out now right .. well i let him settle for a week and he seems happy in his new cage and i get him out 1 or 2 times a day he still runs at first but after a while he realises i dont bite and calms a lil bit.this may seem a bit stupid but i do talk to him like i say his name and just generally talk to him if i carry on in this way do you think he will eventually tame and will realise i am no threat and not freeze when i am near. any other tamig tips are appreciated
    theanks everyone
    lewis

15. lewis_lizard14

ooo sorry i forgot ermm does anyone elses iggy make some weird sneezing sorta sounds sometimes he makes a lil sneezing sound lol???
    lewsi

16. c3powil

c3powil New Member

ooooohhhyea! All that is is the iggy is getting salt out of his/her system.They sneeze a few times and it will be alright,but you might want to check for any salty slimy stuff that you might want to clean up.

17. denise38

denise38 New Member

I had to go through the biting and tail lashings when my ig was little, and I did and do let her free roam, (but she is potty trained). ha. , but when she is out and in certain areas that I could sit next to her, I always would so she got use to me pretty quick.... I also know that with mine.... constant repetitive words trained her very well and got her even more use to me. when she got settled in I didnt give in to her wanting to get feisty with me either, I let her know who was boss. and 4 years later she still knows whos boss. ! ha ha.
    time and patience is the key, but honestly.... you never know how an ig will turn out. ! the thing I always say too..... is regardless of how loving they become, dont ever let your guard down around them.

18. lewis_lizard14

ok the thanks everyone he is sorta gettin used to me alreaddy i think
    lewis

19. beast

beast Embryo

im thiking of getting an ig but i dont no a lot about them can any 1 help me

20. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH
    learn all you can about Igs before you even go looking at them.
    Learn how to give a basic physical look-over before buying an Ig.
    Have all the supplies you will need to raise a happy healthy Ig
    (lights, heat lamp, proper enclosure w/ furniture, food supplies, vitamins, etc.
    Please believe the Ig will be the least expensive purchase out of all of it!
    Good Luck, Lisa