WTF Humidity

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by blinkydamo, Sep 8, 2007.

1. blinkydamo

blinkydamo Embryo

Hi all,

Right I have had a WTF now for 5 months now and he is still very happy. getting bigger and eating most of his crickets when placed in and is becoming very vocal.

The problem I am having is that when he was in his starter tank, an 18" high hexagonal fish tank with condensation lid, I was able to keep to humidity up at 75-85%. I have now changed his enclosure to a much larger wooden tank with sliding glass front which I am now only able to keep between 50-60% humidity.

When he was in the smaller tank and humidity was up he was a lovely jade green during the day and a dark brown during the night. Now during the day he is a dark brown all over apart from around the under side of his legs and arse.

Anyone got any ideas why he isn't returning to a nice jade green and if the humidity is ok at 50-60%.

Cheers in advance people

Damo

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JunePune

JunePune Embryo

Hi

i always thought that the colour of the WTF related to the temp and humidity- but its definately not consistent!! My WTF loves it back home, but when i'm at uni- he is nearly always brown!!

50-60% humidity is ok- do u spray in its cage? If u r worried about it getting dry u can but these fogger things to keep it damp!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lestat

lestat Moderator

The humidity should fluctuate. A constant 75-80% isn't healthy in the long run. However, spiking at that humidity for a while is good. If you can't get it to spike for very long, (assuming you have a screen lid) try covering part of the screen with plastic wrap or something similar.