wound help

Discussion in 'Boas' started by acidburn503, Jul 19, 2009.

1. acidburn503

acidburn503 Embryo

my RTB got out a while back and got a wound on his nose, it seems to be not getting better. what can i put on him or do to make it better?? i cant afford the vet right now.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

First off, you cant afford a vet you can't afford the pet. Get a jar and drop in your spare change. After a while you will save up plenty for a vet trip or two.

Second, that little wound does not require a vet trip IMHO. Its healed quite well already. Snakes do not heal like we do. only after each shed will the wound close a bit more.
    so keep the wound moist, soak the snake for a half hour each day. you do not what the wound cracking and reopening.
    Next, get a fragrence free neosporeon and apply it after each soak. Do this for about 5-6 sheds. then the wound should be good to go. there may be a bit skin bulid up, that may happen be careful you do not what to much skin of there but do not reopen the wound when removing the excess skin. since it on the nose there should be vertiouly no concriction of the area so a bit of excess skin is ok.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Crazy4Herps

Crazy4Herps Hooked on Reptiles

^Agreed. Don't let it get too dry. But at the same time, remember that bacteria thrive in warm, wet conditions.

Looks like its already healing up a good deal. :) It will take sheds to notice much difference, but it isn't bleeding or oozing, which is good.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssscales

ssscales Member

At this point, just leave it alone.
    Keep it clean and with each shed it should get better and better.