worried help

Discussion in 'Boas' started by bxredkilla973, Sep 21, 2007.

1. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

so i have a boa that someone asked me to hold for them while they move..becuz she is kind of a weakling..anyways i am worried beacuz she is about a year old and she still looks like she was just born! the thing is she is a great eater i feed her 3 fuzzies a month (due to her size i dont want to feed her more she might not be able to digest it fast enough)
    and she is very active but very weak and she doesn't like the warm side of her cage she is always on the kool side (warm side is high to mid 80"s)
    so i know there is a certain virus that is very contagious around snakes so i was wondering what the symptoms are since i dont know the name of the virus....

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

What kind of boa? Red Tail? What is her whole set up like and how are those temps being measured (type of thermometer)?
    Can you post a pic of her?
    There are a lot of different things that could be going on with her, if you really think something is wrong a trip to the vet may be in order.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

i have her in a ten gal with wood chips water dish with two hides and under tank heater i have digital thermometer in middle of tank

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

What type of boa is she? Rat or mouse fuzzies? What is the temperature on the warm side, the cool side? Digital thermometer w/a probe? What about humidity levels? How are you heating the tank...lights, UTH?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bxredkilla973

bxredkilla973 New Member

i dont no what type of boa she is maybe red tail she is on mouse fuzz the warm side is around high 80"s and cool side is mid to low 70"s i am heating her tank with undertank heater and no it is just a digital thermometer with out probe

i mist her tank every few days and she seems to be active but doesnt like going in to her hides
    i just fed her two mouse fuzz and she is not moving much which is expected i am constantly keeping an eye out for her