Worms?

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by geckochick, Dec 28, 2006.

1. geckochick

geckochick New Member

Is there a post that show what each feeder looks like? I know what a cricket looks like, but when it comes to a Super worm, a giant mealworm, mealies, wax worms,silkworms etc. :? I have no idea! I'm feeding my Leos these...what exactly is it?
    [​IMG]
    These are what the people before me were feeding them, and the pet store I get them from calls them mealworms. :roll: but who knows how educated these pet store people are...
    I had no idea that there were so many different kinds of worms they could eat.
    Somebody direct me to the right post or give me the low down on all the feeders...It would eliminate lots of confusion on my end. ;)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ReveWalker

ReveWalker New Member

From the look of the black lines showing in your pic and the size, I think they might be "superworms".

Mealworms are smaller, generally, and more of a pinkish/tan color. Giant mealworms are the same color as mealworms, just bigger. Wax worms are white with brown tips and big bodied, looking fat. Silk worms are gray, to the best of my knowledge. Here's a link to some pics of various feeders.

http://www.chameleonsdish.com/insects/types.htm

Of course, I could be wrong and someone more knowledgable might be better able to assist you. In all cases, hope that helped.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sarae

sarae New Member

looks like a superworm to me too ;)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. geckochick

geckochick New Member

Thanks, that link really helped! So do Leo's really eat raoches? EWWW!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

It's a superworm as the other posters said and yes Leos eat roaches, roaches are the best feeder IMO. Roaches have great nutritional value and are fairly easy to raise.