Woma sick?? PLEASE help!!!!

Discussion in 'Australian Forum' started by Collard, May 26, 2007.

1. Collard

Collard Member

Hey guys!

I am in the process of paying off on a Woma Python w/ some people that own a small reptile business locally. This is their first Woma that they've ever worked w/, and were going to keep it as part of their family, but I finally talked them into selling her to me. I purchased her for $900 and still owe a little less than half. They have had her for about a month, and she has been very healthy and eating the whole time. She started getting eye caps, missed a meal, and then within the last week she has been swelling up around the mouth and her head. When you go to get this VERY friendly snake out, she puff's up the front half of her body and makes a sound almost like a frog chirping. We soaked her in some medicated water, and today when I went in for a visit I got her out, and the swelling didn't seem to be going down at all. I was holding her and felt like a rumble in her stomach and she would take huge breath's and exhale making soft noises. We were getting her soaking water ready and she like puffed up really large in my hands and then coughed. And went to do it again, but I held her a little closer and she didn't make the noise the second time, just exhaled slowly.

I'm REALLY worried about the snake. The people that have her are VERY educated in local snakes, but their experience with this species is limited to nothing. I've been reading, and I know that their not supposed to get much humidity, and not too high heat. She's in a room that's closed off with other snakes, and lizards that they mist twice daily. So I'm assuming the room has pretty high humidity. They have her laying on Eco-earth substrate, and only a small rock that doesn't do much of anything.

Is their something that I can do to help her? I want to pay her off quickly so I can rush her to the vet, but then again, I don't want to put the rest of the grand into her, if she passes.

PLEASE help!!!!! What should I do? Are these symptoms normal for the Woma when going through shed?

Any information would help