wierd acting female??

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by treyclash13, Apr 22, 2009.

1. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

wow... so i dont get home till later and the uros r on a time so by the time i get home the light is still on but the uros have made their bed for the night and i cant see them. they hide under rocks and crap lol. so anwayz today i wana chek em and make sure they r ok well the female was way bak n the rocks isolating herself somewat and the male was on the other side asleep too. well i go to pik up the femal and she moves her stomache like a snake. it was way weird and ive never see her do it before.. she like move it in a wavy motion. he tail and head were still but here tummy/body move in a wave like a snake would wen its moving across sand. and i picked her up she did it for a minute in my hand and then stopped. i set her down for a minute went to get her again and she did it again. she doesnt look rlly fat like she is pregnant but idk its weird. wats going on????? :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

Nobody knows?? Bruno any input??

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi treyclash,
    Sorry, I got distracted here at home and forgot to reply.
    The only time I have seen mine do that was when he was settling down on the sand, basically he was making an indentation in sand so his tummy was comfortable. I've never known him to do it in hand.
    Have you checked tummy for any thing that could be irriating her tummy, marks, cuts, or even dried skin. Check for any tiny red/black mites crawling on them, just in case.
    Other than that I honestly dont know, just keep an eye on her.
    Mine also will go to bed before the lights go off, same as my beardie he does same. That is normal so nothing to worry about there.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. MimC

MimC Moderator

Mine does that whenever i try to pick him up - he essentially flattens his stomach as much as possible and "shifts" his entire stomach off to one side away from my fingers. They are not "hands on" lizards and this is a pretty typical reaction to being handled...she is basically telling you to leave her alone :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. treyclash13

treyclash13 New Member

thx guys ive been worried about her alwayz. she is kinda my little girl lol. my girlfriend like spike and am more fond of sasha but wen it comes to care and love there is no favorite hehe. never thought id love a dang lizard like i do now....