whites tree frog gettig a new setup lol ???

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by teh_angry_g00se, Oct 3, 2005.

1. teh_angry_g00se

teh_angry_g00se New Member

Ok in realation to my last post that i deleted because no one replyed..i was thinking it might have been too long! So heres a simpler version of my last post.

I have a 30 gallon hex for my Whites Tree Frogs..right now the bedding is reptibark, and im sick of looking at the same set up, so im switching the tank over to a stricty water tank, i built a good size waterfall to put in there.. and also i am putting 3-4 inches of water in the bottom..so now my problem issssss.....

:?: i need something for the frogs to get up put of the water on, theres not that much space on the bottom of the tank. So whatever i have to do it has to use the vertical space.

:?: Also i need something to put the crickets on. So they dont die before the frogs eat them

I guess what im looking for is just something for the frogs to eat on...get out of the water and so on...any ideas??

Any and all replys would be appreciated

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teh_angry_g00se

Anyone??????????

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fable

Fable New Member

Umm Bigger cage and do half and half with water and land.

Fable

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teh_angry_g00se

the thing is....30 gallon is large enough...as they are creatures who like to climb...the problem is..i need someideas..on what to do for the land

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. agr

agr New Member

I'd just use rock stacked like stairs in the center or one side. If you'd like to have substrate in it, use a tupperware or another plastic container to keep it from getting mixed in the water this can be disguied with small rocks around it. Or you could cut and silcon in a piece of plexi glass and fill that in with substrate but I'd think easiest would be rock(boiled before putting in) and with a hex tank you might have some trouble getting the desired land/water ratio.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. teh_angry_g00se

thanks for you suggestions agr, i actually ended up putting a "turtle dock" in there...and it looks really natural, i guess im happy with it. But thank you very much ..i appreciate that u took the time to respond!