While the starters only played a brief amount of time in the first half

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by zhangzk, Feb 13, 2019.

1. zhangzk

zhangzk New Member

Panthers 28 Bills 23: 5 winners http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-devin-funchess-jersey , 3 losers from Carolina’s preseason win The Carolina Panthers opened the 2018 preseason with a 28-23 come-from-behind win over the Buffalo Bills. There were also some areas that definitely need some work, but fortunately we have the rest of the preseason to iron out those wrinkles as we get ready for the regular season opener against the Dallas Cowboys on September 9.Here are five winners and three losers from tonight’s win over the Bills.WinnersTaylor Heinicke, QuarterbackHeinicke made a very good case that he should be the team’s No. 2 quarterback. To be fair, he was playing against backups, but he looked like he belonged out there. He finished the night 7-of-9 for 121 yards and a touchdown, and he looked very impressive while leading the offense. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action with the 1’s and 2’s next week against the Dolphins.Jermaine Carter Shaq Thompson Jersey , LinebackerCarter was all over the place tonight. His chase-down and near-sack of Josh Allen was one of several impressive plays that he made during his time on the field. He ended the night with one tackle and one sack, but his play was much better than his numbers suggest. If he can continue to play like he did tonight he’ll find himself not only on the 53-man roster, but contributing on game day.D.J. Moore, Wide receiverOf course everyone was excited to see what Moore could do on the field, and he showed off his ability in a big way with an impressive catch and run that gained 26 yards and set up a touchdown. He ended the night with four catches for 75 yards, and I have a feeling that we’re just seeing the beginning of what he can bring to the offense. Get excited, folks.Christian McCaffrey Authentic C.J. Anderson Jersey , Running backThe Panthers have said they want to give McCaffrey the bulk of the touches on offense this year to utilize his versatility. If what we saw tonight is any indication, they should definitely follow up with that plan. McCaffrey picked up some nice yards on a screen pass from Cam Newton in the first quarter, and also scored the first-team offense’s touchdown with a nice run. He did fumble the ball trying to fight for more yards, but luckily the Panthers recovered it and it worked out in the end. Overall, though—I liked what I saw from him tonight.Shaq Thompson, LinebackerThompson showed that the Panthers won’t have to worry too much during the first four weeks of the season while Thomas Davis serves his suspension. Thompson played very well tonight, and also had a nice interception in the first half. I liked what I saw from him and can’t wait to see even more. To put it bluntly Youth Greg Van Roten Jersey , the Carolina Panthers played like garbage today. Washington outplayed them for four straight quarters, and came away with a 23-17 win that shouldn’t surprise anyone. The Panthers were simply outplayed and outcoached by an inferior team... again.This routine is getting old, but yet here we are. The Panthers will continue to wallow in mediocrity as long as they continue to let this incompetent coaching staff poison the deep well of talent on the roster, and fans will continue to drink the water being offered by the front office and ask for more despite the fact that the water tastes funny. C’est la vie, I guess.Here are three winners and five loser’s from today’s clown show.WinnersDevin Funchess: Funchess went off today. Five catches on eight targets for 74 yards and an impressive touchdown where he looked like Randy Moss. It’s a shame that his efforts couldn’t give the Panthers a win, because if anyone deserved to win the game today it was Funch. Torrey Smith: Smith showed up big today for the Panthers, hauling in several key receptions late in the 4th quarter when the Panthers were trying to come back and steal a victory. He caught the Panthers’ second touchdown and the two-point conversion that brought the Panthers back within three points late http://www.panthersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-david-mayo-jersey , and that’s all we can really hope for from our No. 3 option at receiver.Thomas Davis: It was a breath of fresh air to see Davis back on the field today, and he made up for lost time with six tackles and two passes defensed. He did admirable work covering Washington tight end Jordan Reed today as well. I hope we see more quality play from Davis going forward.Honorable mention: Cam Newton. Newton had a good day despite the terrible decisions made by the coaching staff that handicapped him. He ended up completing 27-of-40 passes (67.5 percent completion) for 275 yards, two touchdowns and one interception and ended the day with a 93.2 quarterback rating. He also added 43 yards rushing on nine carries. The more I type this, the angrier I get. We really shouldn’t have lost this game.