Which reptile to buy?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by waker123, Dec 15, 2011.

1. waker123

waker123 New Member

Hey everyone, i recently decided the other day i would like to get a reptile, but i’m not quite sure which one.

i used to own a crested gecko, and i loved him, but i was looking for something else this time. i still have his old cage, it’s screen, and 19” high by 12” x 12”. i really liked the convenience that cresties ate CGD, and didn’t rely on live feeders; are there any other reptiles like that? if i could use my old cage to house it in that would be ideal.

Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

gargoyle gecko. i think nearly all of the rhacs have the same care needs for the most part. gargs are about the same size as a cresty so you can use your old tank. something a bit larger woud be better though since your tank is pretty small even for a cresty.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I would definitely go gargoyle gecko :) Or another Crestie :) The tank would be way too small and wouldn't hold enough humidity for a chahoua or leachie (plus the fact that they are about $350+ each... lol)
    Good luck!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

What happened to the crestie that you had before? If he developed any sort of illness, you will need to carefully disinfect that cage, and discard anything that cannot be disinfected.