which lizard?

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Spot, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

I've had my juvie leo for less than a month and am hooked! Leo's are known to be a great starter lizard, right? What are other kinds of lizards that
    -can be tame - can be handled and respond to you
    -easy to maintain
    -not vulnerable to disease

Not that I'm off to creat a reptile zoo in the house(not yet anyway), but am interested in learning about other liz.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

If you're looking for another type of herp, maybe a beardie. It pretty much fits the criteria that you have listed.

Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jamesjenkins

jamesjenkins Member

Yea i agree with Rebecca, Ive just got a leo but would love to get a beardie if my mum would let me!!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Derek

Derek Member

Bearded dragons are great they are almost always tame and easy to take care of. I got my first one 8 years ago and have liked them ever since now I have 7 dragons of my own and I will be getting more soon.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

there are always the good old african fat tail geckos, pictus geckos, and viper geckos. pretty much all reptiles are vunerable to disease if not cared for properly.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. herpslave

herpslave Member

A fat tail looks different then a leo, but requires almost the same requirements as a leo, hardy as them and everything else almost. But a beardie is a good second pet for you. But you need a big enclosur for one. Very least can be a 55 gallon. For one. but they are very tame mostly, very fun, very rewarding and beautiful.

12. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Actually, a 40g breeder is the smallest. A 55g is not wide enough...it's only 12 inches, whereas a breeder tank will be 18 inches. It's a much better tank than a 55g. ;)

Rebecca