Where could i get a black spiny tailed

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by SkoobieDoo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. SkoobieDoo

SkoobieDoo Embryo

I was just wondering if any one knew where i could get a black spiny tailed iguana. I already have 2 Green Iguanas but i've always thought about having a black spiny tailed. So if any one has any information could u tell me????????

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Might want to try searching on google or dropping an email to someone like Ben Segal or Frantz Herp.

By the way.... you only need to post a question once. (I deleted the duplicate that you posted in general chat.)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dragonpants2324

dragonpants2324 Embryo

I think I might have one. I only know that he was sold to me as a spiny tailed iguana, but my vet has told me that often people are mistaken and sell uromastyx (sp?) under the same name.
    I know how irresponsible this may sound, but I acquired him from a local pet store after watching him for quite some time until finally I noticed he had no food in his enclosure more and more often, and then when I saw he was losing weight - that was it. I tookhim home and he has not been to the vet yet though he has been the easiest guy to care for and he is so active and happy to be out of that ten gallon tank the pet store had him in. He is a little less than a foot long and he has gotten kind of fat since I've had him. I have bearded dragons though, and do not feel that i can provide for him for the duration of his life. I had intended on finding him a good home initially. I really like him - he has very expressive eyes and a fun personality. I will be taking him for a checkup soon, but he really does seem very healthy and I believe he will check out just fine. I am in Santa Barbara, Ca. If you're interested, let me know. I am not trying to make any money here; just want to see this guy happy. My email address is: dragonpants2324@yahoo.com

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Ignore me!:) Except for the part about how gorgeous they are!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]