when giving your ig a bath...?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by xomissi, Nov 20, 2005.

1. xomissi

xomissi New Member

when filling the tub with a lil water and letting your ig at it, what do you use to condition all that water? i have exo terra water conditioners for both misting and drinking but they only come in small bottles and i would go through it like crazy. what do you use? if anything? :shock:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. moshpitrockchick

moshpitrockchick New Member

I don't use any water conditioners for my ig. If it is good enough for me, its good enough for him. I think that those water treatment products are a waste.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

snap i dont use anything either and my ig still loves her baths :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bluesquirrely4

bluesquirrely4 Member

I am the same way. The way i see it is the water conditioners are full of chemicals.... and if i would not drink it my self why should my iguanas.... now i could be wrong but the vet says they are both 100% healthy

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. xomissi

xomissi New Member

oh, hmm, okay...so you guys don't condition the drinking or misting water either? i always read you were supposed to.

well good this can save me some worrying and money. thanks for the help ;)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

np happy to help :):D

12. transam1989

transam1989 Embryo

I agree with others i dont use any chemicals in the water on my iguana she loves her bath

13. dragonsfire39

dragonsfire39 New Member

i usually use stuff in their water. it's some kind of drops that take out the chlorine and whatnot. i don't but it in bathwater though

14. ravlechah

ravlechah Embryo

iguana's are pretty tough, i live in nyc so i dont trust tap water for drinking, so i dont have to put any conditioners in my iguanas water... but in their bathwater, i dont use anything.. however when giving them baths in tubs that u use they can become suceptable to stuff u have, its never happened to my iguana and i still give him baths; some one told me that a while ago

15. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

I never used water conditioners on my iguana's - the rescues i fostered. They never had a problem. They still loved to be bathed. They are very Tough critteres

16. herpfreak

herpfreak New Member

my iggys water isnt conditioned....she doesnt drink much anyway.....she just craps in it

17. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

Lolz Herp Freak. Sometimes i think they do that just to watch us slave over them and bring them fresh new water. secretly theyre laughing their butts off at us

18. herpfreak

herpfreak New Member

yea pretty much i dont mind as longn as i dont have to clean her cage carpet every other day.....

19. DVM12

DVM12 New Member

lolz! I have to clean the Carpets Daily!

20. Herp_123

Herp_123 New Member

I've only given my Iguana three baths maybe, and each time he acted like a cat does in the water, he hated it. My Iguana craps in his water dish as well, so now I just water him with a spray bottle.

21. Trooziec

Trooziec Embryo

I never use conditioner for my iguana. I bathe him in a litter box, every saturday.