whats a Dwarf Nicaraguan Boa?????

Discussion in 'Boas' started by NYPDSWAT, Aug 9, 2004.

1. NYPDSWAT Embryo

Message Count:
    :roll:
    Hello I am here to ask anyone if they have ever handled an Nicaraguan Boa with pink,salmon,purple markings on it? the top of the hatchling has you know the gray and black stripes. but under the belly its a pink snake....with a gradual purple to deep purple tail! This snake was love at first sight. I was told she will only get 5' to 6' tops. I didnt buy her yet because I wanted to research and ask the public if they ever ran into this. The owner informed me that the mother is a rare pink albino at the cuttingedgeherps.com. She is no longer breeding and these were her last clutch. thanks again everyone...you too stormyva!!
  2. stormyva Embryo

Message Count:
    Nicaraguans are really cool they do stay small and the 5-6' range is probably pretty accurate. If you like the small locale boas you might also want to look at the Caye Caulkers and the Hog Island Boas. Another one that stays small and is gorgeous is the Boa C Amarilli.
  3. BOALOVER Embryo

Message Count:
    I have one similar. She is about 5' long with a great personality. The colors are also unbelievable. In my opinion I would say to go for it. It won't get so big that you can't handle and they make good pets. :wink:
  4. NYPDSWAT Embryo

Message Count:
    THANK YOU BOTH FOR THE INFO I DID INDEED BUY THE PINK LIL BEAUT!! THANKS AGAIN......NYPDSWAT
  5. BoaMan Embryo

Message Count:
    Congrats!
  6. stormyva Embryo

Message Count:
    Congrats on the new snake... where are the pics??????
  7. spooky326 Embryo

Message Count:
    congrats on the purchase of that beautiful snake. i just purchased a nicaraguan dwarf boa lastnight for my wife. it was love at first sight for her also. its a juvinile male with a slight pinkish undertone. have to say its the first time i ever bought a reptile for valintines day!!! lol :)
  8. HadesBP18 Embryo

Message Count:
    I'm definitely cheering for some pics here! Congrats to the new owners!