what to put in this darn tank...

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by LeoMaster3012, Apr 14, 2005.

?

What should go in it?

1. *

Leos

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

Bearded Dragon(s)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. *

Uromastyx

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. *

something else...(please specify)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

[​IMG]
    so what do you think when i built it it was for more leos but then a friend suggested a bearded dragon. I want to get something that is cool and on the not expensive side(yeah im a cheapskate :D ). any other herps that like hot tempatures would be good too.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kimberlyanne999

kimberlyanne999 Member

is it screen on the sides? its hard to tell from the picture what the tank is made of?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. antho

antho New Member

I say leos becuase it looks pretty big and pretty much perfect for them. UTH would do perfect with those tiles no problems. i think it would make for some very happy leos!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Nice cage...with screening on the sides, it would have to be an animal that doesn't require high humidity. That would be hard to control in there. I'd say leos or a BD based on what the dimensions appear to be.I'd look into the animals needs in the care sheets first, then see how the cage can be adapted to suit them.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

dimensions are 4x2x2 and the sides are plexiglass. i've been looking at various BD care sheets

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

My ex-wife would look real good in that cage. If you can't pick her up I can always ship her to you.

12. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

LOL!!! What's the cost of shipping on something like that?

13. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

ok my friend knows a local breeder who sells beardies for like 50-115 dollars so i think i will go with that but how would i heat it? i saw a repti sun 5 at the pet store and it looked like a good deal.
    Thanks

14. Advent

Advent Member

I'd go with a beardie.

You already have a leo.
    Uro's eat salad and sit there.
    Unless you want a small monitor lizard or something, I would get a beardie. More intertaining than your other choices.

15. shadowfx78

shadowfx78 New Member

That tank is way to big for a leo so i would go with a beardie.

16. mthorpe

mthorpe Well-Known Member

17. Grindzewall

Grindzewall New Member

It's better to have a small lizard in a big tank than a big lizard in a small tank. I think leos, then you can have more then one

18. hrotroff

hrotroff New Member

I would put a green chinese water dragon, they are really cool to watch swim and the tanks, resembling a rainforest vivarium, are gorgeous. Just my opinion... ;o)

19. sarahpearl

sarahpearl New Member

please whatever you use dont' put a UTH on it please... the tiles will hold the heat with just a light very well.... i'd go for a beardie....

20. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

A UTH would work great with slate. What's wrong with a UTH? With a thermostat, it'll be very easy to hold temps right where you need them. Plus, it sets up a great gradient with the way the tiles hold and distribute heat.

21. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

i cant get a UTH the bottom is made of wood so to avoid burning the possible pet im gunna use a CHE

22. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Oh crap, I forgot the bottom was wood. Yeah, the UTH is no good with a wood bottom. I even remember reading the posts from when the thread started and thinking that it's too bad the bottom is wood since slate works so well with a UTH.

So I get both giddy and stupid on fridays. At least it's almost time to go home.

23. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

Friday is the best day of the week. You can be as stupid as you want and no-one nags at you

24. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

go for a beardie, u will have to section it off wen the guy/gal is little but wen they get older u just make the space bigger, i remember wenu built that cage, i still cant get over how good it lookds, but ya go for a beardie

25. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

yeah about that... my parents (cough MOM! cough) wont let me get one they said i might be able to get one next year...