What to get next? =(

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by RTarrant, Nov 11, 2009.

1. RTarrant

RTarrant Embryo

We recently lost our beloved Squash (giant sunglow leopard gecko) after several complications. He was seven years old and will be dearly missed.

My partner is missing him and wants to get another reptile eventually. The vivarium we have to spare is 48" by 15" (height) by 12" (width).

My partner is also pretty insistant she wants something larger than a gecko and something she could preferably handle. I personally wouldn't want another gecko and would like to move into different lizards altogether.

Question: What is the largest lizard I could safely house in a viv that size? Was thinking its a big too narrow for a beardie and not tall enough for any arboreal species? Wouldn't be looking to get anything right away so would have quite a bit of time to get a proper set-up going.
    Just need to start thinking about what the options are for the specific enclosure we have so I can get the ball rolling soon....

Suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rinako

rinako New Member

Hmm...a collared lizard would be okay in a tank that size, they can be handled also. Rankin's dragons are like mini bearded dragons and a pair would fit but they are hard to find. Thats all I can think of, good luck on your search.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LittleMick

LittleMick Member

I'd say a Collard Lizard as well, I've been looking at them recently, the males have stunning colours.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. WilliamVOCREDGEDIORE

WilliamVOCREDGEDIORE Embryo

Im lost here, who is Marie-Agathe, patron saint of virgin trancers? haha So far, ive been named Queen of the Lyrics by Mistral but .. Patron of virgin trancers ... it would be fun too :)

and if you still dont get it ... small clue : diane isnt my real name :)