what should i put in a 50gl tank

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by laxman, Aug 5, 2004.

1. laxman

laxman New Member

i just got a new 50 gallon tank for free 8) 8) and my mom got rid of her 27 0r 29 gallon tank so i put my anoles in the 27gl. I was wondering what would go good in a 50 gallon 1 or 2 thing thou. because i dont want to have like 10 anoles in two tank i want like 3 anoles in the small tank and 1 or 2 bigg things in the other tank. I also have 400-600$$$ to spend so price doesn't really matter.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Kash

Kash Embryo

i guess what u mean is another good reptile to put into the 55 gallon. Well i guess if I was in this kind of situation, I would go with Bearded Dragons, they're fairly easy to care for and can have a very nice naturalistic steup, etc. If you want something for looks, though it would be harder to care for etc. I would go with a rainforest setup for a few [maybe a lot] of tree frogs. It would look really nice, but would need a lot of care. hope i helped a lil bit.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Derek

Derek Member

I would put a bearded dragon or 2 in it. If you are interested in a beardie ask me I have a bunch of babies with color now. Just PM me or talk to me on IM at dereksdragons.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. gexman

gexman Embryo

get a bunch of leos and breed them

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. joe5555

joe5555 Member

come on get a couple of giant day geckos . They are cool And you could set up a nice tank for them with a tropical rainforest look.make more money breeding them than a leo.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. HerpNut

HerpNut New Member

GO WITH A BLUE TONGUE SKINK- these are a kool reptile they are vey social and extremley lazy, and fairly easy 2 take care of, unlike a bearded dragon, bts(blue tongue skinks) have short stubby legs which makes them pretty slow, bearded dragons are quick ,just make sure you do ur homework on these lizards b4 purchasing one

12. joe5555

joe5555 Member

blue toungue skinks need a lot bigger of a tank then a 55 gallon when full grown. Atleast in my opinion. They are really active .

13. HerpNut

HerpNut New Member

55 gallon is plenty big enough cause one of my friends is a reptile breeder and he keeps his full grown bts in a 40 gallon and they r fine, but 40 gallon should be the minimum size

14. tigor9117

tigor9117 New Member

start breeding leopard gecko's.by the way,how old are you laxman?

15. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

You can't house two full grown bearded dragons in a 50 gallon tank. Well I guess you can but I wouldn't recommend it.

16. joe5555

joe5555 Member

i guess you could the people i know have them in 90 gallons. that why i said that.they do get 1.5 feet though. and like to roam around.

17. waterdragonbreeder

waterdragonbreeder New Member

i would go w/ the bearded dragon my friend has one and he says they are easy 2 care 4