what happened to him? is he dead?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by teiryklav, Feb 4, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i dont really know about lizard, but when i get my lizard to home this afternoon, its active, but now (tonight) he seemed dead! he nearly didnt breath, and he didnt move ! hardly ever, just seem to be awaken, then move a bit, then "sleep" again, is he really sleeping??
    or is he sick?? dead? im worried!! :D :lol:

he looks like he's going to vomit!! :p

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kephy

kephy Moderator

Are we talking about the green tree dragon? I would get him to a vet if it were me.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

yea
    he's alright now, but they did sleep didn't they? it breathe either.. and the vomiting is also stopped, this afternoon it vomited!!
    my friends (actually i dunnow them) feed it by putting a crix in its mouth, it did eat, they said, but when i see it it vomited, but today its alright. if it get worse i will look for a vet..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

hey, i'm thinking,, since two or three days ago this thing refused to eat, except when i put a crix inside his open mouth, then he start chewing it..
    (he likes to open his mouth, is this alright??) he eats about 4-5 in that way, by t way shall i continue or wait till it wanted to eat??

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. kephy

kephy Moderator

Force feeding can be very stressful on reptiles. If he won't eat on his own, then again, I recommend a vet.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

^ With the golden rule you will never be a fool :D Yup, the vet ain't a threat to your pet :lol:

12. MimC

MimC Moderator

This is the green tree dragon that was wild caught, right?

He shoiuld see a vet - wild caught animals often carry heavy parasite loads, amoung other things...even if his condition doesnt seem to be deteriorating he really shoiuld see a vet.

Bring a fecal sample with you too.

All the different things you describe, lethargy, vomiting (even if its stopped), not eating unless food is placed in the mouth, etc etc - he sounds like a very unhealthy lizard and needs a vet.

13. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

yep its the GTD..
    let me look for a vet for a while,, i cant find any right now, and with my brother using the car everytime to get to university test.

i think he isnt healthy either, i really wanted to release it by my teacher dont let me. hua..

while i'm looking for the vet, what should i do?

14. kephy

kephy Moderator

If your teacher insists on keeping it, then your teacher is responsible for it and he/she should take it to a vet! It makes me very angry when people want to keep an animal but won't do what it takes to keep it healthy. They should let it go, or keep it healthy. Don't let it suffer a slow death in captivity. That is wrong.

15. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

yep me too,, i want to lie to him talking to him that its dead, (i will release it) but he somehow now what i'm thingking, he tell me to bring it even if its dead!!

crazy ha. :D :lol:

since my teacher didnt care for it, i should, if we both didnt it will die.

huahhhhh...

btw, while i'm looking for vet, what should i do to her, maybe i could help her??

16. kephy

kephy Moderator

I don't know what you can do. I know know anything about this species, much less a wild one. I also don't know exactly what's wrong with it. That makes it very difficult for me to give any advice to you, unfortunately. :p

Why does your teacher get to call the shots? Aren't you caring for it at your home? Aren't you the one buying it's food? Sounds more to me like it's your lizard than his. If he wants to keep it so bad, he should be the one caring for it and seeing how it suffers. Then maybe he would do something.

Does your teacher even know that you think the lizard is sick? What did he say?

How is the lizard doing now?

17. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

he just say "is it?"
    he didnt really believe me, and then i have a whole forum says he's sick.

and he ask me to get him back to school. so i take it back.

its active but just opening its mouth. didnt really want to eat.

usually it chases crix but now he seems scared and not interested in them.

:p :)

18. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi,
    This may sound awful but I think the best thing you can do with this lizard, is to take him back home saying you will look after it there. Then find a nice wooded area near your home and release it back into the wild.
    It does not belong to the teacher as he only caught, you have been spending your money looking after it so therefore it's more yours than his.
    I think it is getting very stressed being kept in a tank, you are also getting stressed trying to do the best you can for him.
    Take him home again and then release him and tell the teacher it escaped when the lid wasn't closed properly. He cant do anything to you as it's not his lizard, he didnt buy it or anything so he has no claim on it.
    I think this would be best for both, you and the lizard.

19. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i guess it has eaten. yep.
    sorry i've been grounded for some personal reason ~_~

20. bruno

bruno Moderator

Glad to have you back, hope all is well at home now.
    How's the lil guy doing.

21. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

yeah he's really alright. i gave him 5 crix today and ate them all. maybe he wants some more :)
    maybe a photo can help? if there's bad news :p