What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mxracer4life_41, Nov 1, 2005.

1. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Just got a little curious as of what you guys do for a living. I am nosy, sorry. :( My parents own an automotive business and just recently brought me in from working on cars to helping out in the office. My mom says I can sell wool underwear in the summer time, so I sell parts instead. jeremy

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

My Dad owns 2 businesses, a jewellery store, and a Security Guard Company. I run the jewellery store, and my brother runs the security company.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I think I remember a thread like this before....oh well! I work in a jewellery store (we have somehting in common Janice!) and I am a full time student, studying gemology through the GIA and english lit at the university of ottawa.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a thread like this awhile back. But we've picked up alot of new people, so we should get plenty of new responces.
    I'm an electrical engineer.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. smiley

smiley Member

I worked as a vet. tech and receptionist for 14 years. I loved every minute of it. Now I am at home taking care of my 26 month old son as well as babysitting my 22 month old grandson.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Janice

:shock: Say again???

12. smiley

smiley Member

Yes, I have a pair of older twins ages 21 { girl and boy} and a daughter at the age of 17 then I now have my youngest surprise son of two years old. My oldest daughter and I were pregnant at the same time. The boys are 4 months apart. It's like having twins around again! It's trying on my older body! haha

13. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

full time student, Game Design. working at the baseball park, off-season at a gas station [grrrr...stupid ppl]

14. Janice

smiley, Wow, that's pretty cool!

15. marcus

marcus New Member

im in elementary school

16. jenphilly

jenphilly New Member

I am Director of Operations for a Construction Company... get to boss around the guys, gotta love that :)

Jen

17. elums

elums Member

I work at a Vons grocery store.

18. smiley

smiley Member

Janice,
    If you lived in this area I would have you over to show you how cool it is. LOL
    I forgot, I also do the tax and payroll stuff for my husband's masonry company. I just always forget that since I would do it for my husband anyway.

19. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

Auto technician for Ford

20. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Awesome slowfoxbird... Whats your specialty? You ASE?

21. slowfoxbird

slowfoxbird New Member

Not ASE yet, but I am Ford certified in electronics, manual trans, drivetrain, suspension, and brakes. I am working on more, I only need my auto trans cert, and the ASE for electrical, manual and auto trans, and I will be a Drivetrain Master Technician. I am just too lazy to drive to take the ASE right now. I will in the spring though.

22. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Lol, I am almost ASE certified in brakes and steering and suspension. For right now I am in the office selling parts/labor, its alot harder than working on the floor! Customers! lol, good luck on the training, if you practise pracise you can do it. later

23. BD4TO20

BD4TO20 New Member

I own a roofing co.. We do mostly standing seam metal roof's{Not cheap}. We also do chimney flashing repairs on roof's like slate, tile and cedar shake{more difficult and more costly}. Lot's of copper work. My wife does the book's and payroll{talk about somebody that like's bossing the guy's around}, She even tell's me what to do{appointments, meetings and such}. I stood my ground. The guy's know who's boss. She comes out of the office and tell's us what we're doing everyday. Oh well. You know what they say; Behind every great man, is a better woman.

24. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

I irritate forum admins..... the pay sucks but it is very rewarding in other ways.

25. KAOSRacing

KAOSRacing Member

I'm the Systems Analyst (read do it all computer guy) for a Police Department just outside of Houston. My wife homeschools our 7 year old son and works part time for the church she attends.