What can I do to help my Chinese Water Dragon?!?!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Dana Lockz, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Dana Lockz

Dana Lockz Embryo

I've been having problems with my Chinese water dragon since the last month or two. I got him in November and he shedded normally and ate, but now he hasn't shedded his skin completely yet and it's been a month. His skin just flakes and doesn't seem to come off completely. Due to this we started sprinkling Calcium in his food and putting a liquid in his water to help him shed this doesn't help to much. We also put a cream on him that is suppose to help. He also doesn't eat now he only sometimes eats mealworms and we don't see him eat crickets anymore. He doesn't eat any vegies or fruits either. He has a weird habit of only poo-ing in the water but we don't find any poo anywhere now which we think is because he doesn't eat. Our Chinese Water Dragon also has problems with his fingers, they turn black and fall off. His spikes also seem to have similar problems they just turn black and stay black. He also opens his mouth looking to the ceiling often, it's not because he's hungry because when we give food to him he still won't eat. We spray him maybe 2 times a day but often soak him in water. Please help! We don't know what to do to help him. Would taking him to a vet help? What would the vet even do to help?