want a new reptile

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by chommy, May 25, 2004.

1. chommy

chommy Embryo

can you suggest some good reptiles under the following catagories

reptiles under 100 dollars?

reptiles that are vegitarians only - not omnivores?

Reptiles that will live well in groups?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cd

cd Member

Red eared slider turtles? Thats the best I can come up with that somewhat fits your discription, (To the best of my knowledge anyway.)
    -Cristine

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

Not all that many live well in groups. I think iguanas are veggie eaters. Bearded dragons can live in pairs and they eat about 60% veggies.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. cd

cd Member

I would not consider the iguana if your not really experienced at taking care of reptiles. They can be a cheap reptile to buy, but thats the cheapest part about it. They need a whole lot of things to survive, and it is expensive and takes alot of room to care for them properly. Please, if you are thinking about an iguana, read up alot before you do. And they do eat bugs, mostly as babies.
    Beardies can live in pairs, but I think its a good idea to have a back up plan in case they don't get along. It is a very likely thing that one of them could really injure, or even kill the other, even if its just by stressing them out beyond help. But they also require bugs for nurishment.
    I'm having a hard time thinking of vedgetarian reptiles. Sorry about that, I'll keep thinking about it.
    -Cristine