Update on the planting of my 40 gallon tall.

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by pjblink, Mar 3, 2007.

1. pjblink

pjblink Member

Here is a little photo update. Full frontal:

[​IMG]

Added some nice clean peat moss soil on top of my main peat moss layer, you can also see the stem of my hibiscus in the middle!

[​IMG]

Here's my little bamboo feeding platform, i plan to do the CGD and/or babyfood feeding here. Maybe put another next to it, or opposite?

[​IMG]

And finally, here's my new thermo/hygro. Love it, big clear display, alarms/hourly beeps etc:

[​IMG]

It's all coming together! Ive taken the crawlers out, they're outside to allow them to grow some length up before i put them back in!

Hopefully it'll be around a month - 6 weeks before i get a little guy in. Just one to begin with, hoping i can make the 40 gallon seem like a nice place for such a dinky little guy. Would they still be able to feed from a platform such as i've made? Or would they need one on the ground??

Patrick

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. pjblink

pjblink Member

And how could i forget, my peace lily flower! :)

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

just ot make sure i wiould make one of the bottom....

hey how do you stick the bamboo on the tank... on the galss to be more specific?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. pjblink

pjblink Member

I hot glue gunned it on, absolutely solid and isn't effected by moisture!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. croc_gator_rebeccak3

nice...

i am wanting to get a water bamboo fountain.. so the water will move and splash.. they see water and the waterfall feature will make humidity... i think it will bw in the left bottom corner. i am giong to a plant nursery some time to get the bamboo filter. it is a bamboo stick with a hole.. like a pipe and it squirts water out. i am molding the pool... it is not giong to be deep... probaly about 2-3in. of running water. maybe you could do this than the water bowl. but it is totally up to u.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. pjblink

pjblink Member

Sounds nice! I guess it would be pretty simple, would just need a small water pump. I was thinking about making a bit of a watertrough...pretty shallow, but again mounted to the glass with a removable plate. Im sure in the wild they drink water from the leaves as apposed to from rivers/lakes etc. Would be nice to replicate water at tree height, half way up the tank :)

12. croc_gator_rebeccak3

o my gosh taht would be nice... i wish taht it could be simple to just makea wall foutain on the side makinga rock wall with a waterfoutain. it would be nice.. but some millionare would have to that.

13. Special_K

Special_K Embryo

WOW! I only have a 12x12x18 with silk leaves and twistable branches, as thats all I can afford on this pitiful student wage D:

Your crestie is going to be unbelievably happy in there. I'm jealous. How much did all that cost?

14. pjblink

pjblink Member

Well the tank was £8 with a full length lid and light unit...second hand from a hospice shop...

Some of the plants were offcuts from houseplants i have around, and the others were bought for a few £....all very cheap to set up. Bamboo i also had lying around.

I never got around to getting a crestie to go in the tank, but it has filled out nicely and the plants are doing well. I hope to get one in the near future when i get my own place...until then it's an indoor garden!

15. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

any chance of some updated photos? and are you using lighting?

16. loggerbomb

loggerbomb Embryo

I must say that sure looks like more than 40 gallons! It almost makes my 75 gallon tank look small! Any updates?