Two ten gallon tanks into one

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by fettreduziert, Mar 16, 2005.

1. fettreduziert

fettreduziert Embryo

Is there a way to use two ten gallon tanks to make one big tank?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cprlcapt91

cprlcapt91 New Member

there is, but it might be easier to just make a new tank yourself. you would need to first separate one side from each tank(rremove the glass), and then figure out a way to connect the 2 tanks together, without leaving any gap in between....

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jagjm

jagjm New Member

You could also look at stacking the two on top of each other. Just invert one and hinge them on the back. I've never done it before but have seen a couple of tanks like it. if your looking for a taller tank that is.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

I think Klik did combine 2 10 gallons together. I believe he put one on top of the other. Why don't you ask him if he doesn't catch this thread.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. napolean951

napolean951 New Member

I think it would just be easier to build yourself a custom new enclosure. Turning Two tanks into one could be a real chore.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. fettreduziert

fettreduziert Embryo

I'm actually looking for a somewhat cheap way to make a longer tank for my BP, but thank you guys.

12. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

take the left side off of one and the right off the other and put them together somehow

13. Prttyhtmchn

Prttyhtmchn Embryo

Unless you like to display your animals, Rubbermaid & Sterlite tubs are always an option. I currently have my ball pythons in separate 74 qt. Sterlite tubs. They measure about 44x20x6.5 inches, & ran me about $12.99 each at Target. Of course, this is no way to display your ball python, but it tends to make the best use of space, & it's much easier to keep clean. Good luck w/ your enclosure. :p
    -Prttyhtmchn

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i did that for my cresties heres the end product
    [​IMG]

15. Advent

Advent Member

Supplies:
    Razorblade, silicone cauking material.

Pretty self explanatory.