Tree Frog Dust by TREX

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Leona&Amy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

I couldnt find the Electrod3ize recommended by Grimmy. So I bought this stuff and Im wondering about the regime. How often do I dust with this and how often with calcium? I dont want to overdose my little Fressie!
    heres a link to product info
    http://www.t-rexproducts.com/Dynamic/default.htm

edit: so the link wont go directly to the product
    Just click on reptile products then find T-Rex SandFire Superfoods then look for tree frog dust. Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

Hm, i'm not too sure about it because it appears as though every supplement has the same nutritional value, which makes me think that it really isn't animal specific, and advertising it as so seems mildly unethical. I could very well be wrong though.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Leona&Amy

OHH
    Anyone else?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Grimmy

Grimmy Embryo

did you see any bottles like mistimize water conditioner for your spray bottle? its next to that made by the same people, alot of people on other forums also use electrodize3 for there frogs to prevent metabolic bone disease. there is a bearded dragon on the bottle. sometimes you cant find it when they are out but all petstores in spokane do have it.
    here is a link to it so u can see what it is: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...trodize&N=2

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. zemane

zemane New Member

Yea, there's lot of junk like that on the market.Personally, I don't believe in it because I've read the ingridents and they're the same, exept for quantity differences.So,I don't think there is a company that makes supplements designed for each species or group of animals.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Grimmy

Grimmy Embryo

i use the tree frog dust here: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...et+dust&N=2
    i use it every 3rd feeding although i have done it more then that and nothing bad happened.

well if its all the same to you the dust and the electrodize, if thats what your talking about?
    then it really comes down too the way you want to give it to your frog in there water which is easy sure thing or on a cricket.
    anyways i havent seen a powder say this:
    Electrodize provides the electrolytes and vitamin D3 your reptile needs to stay healthy. It helps to reverse or prevent metabolic bone disease common to captive reptiles, while rehydrating stressed animals. It also helps to stimulate appetite, activity and normal behavior, while strengthening your reptile's immune system.

Zemane i would like to hear more on your point of veiw in more detail. i have wondered if its all junk or not, id rather play it safe i dont want to deal with mbd.
    what do you use ?

12. Leona&Amy

Ya thats the dust I have. Ive been dusting with calcium and the treefrog dust.
    No grim I didnt see the mistimize but I did buy some stress coat for the water.