tiny white worms

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by spaceboy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

Hi everybody.
    I was just about to feed my leo when I noticed really small white "worms" in my zophoba container. They where approx. 1-2 cm. Where did they come from and are they dangerous for my two leos and beardie? I'm superworried that they have parasites or worms :p I threw the container away when I saw them, I'm not sure there where any zophobas left in the container, when I looked before I tossed it there was one dead in there.

thanks for ANY help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm... they look almost like young black fly larvae... I doubt it would have hurt any feeders... in fact people use those as feeders too, but I wouldn't since those are from a regular fly and you don't know what kind of bacteria could have been passed from the "mom" fly to the eggs....
    I don't think you've harmed your leo or beardie at all

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

Yeah I actually called the pet store where I bought them and asked. The owner is very experienced when it comes to reptiles.. She told me that its just fly larvae that came with either the stuff the zophoba is crawling around in or the carrots they eat. She says its no problem anyway :p
    thanks though!