thought i lost my skinks

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Shanna66, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i went to feed the girls and when i looked in their enclosure i couldnt find them. i took out both hides and still no luck. needless to say i started to panic.

then i saw some loose dirt by the waterbowl and picked it up. 2 very unhappy skinks were looking up and me and making their little quacking noises. they dug a tunnel under the water bowl.

now im on to their little skink tricks :D

also i finally named both. allison and little lady nina

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

lol! I have had it when my sister picked up my snake without telling me. when I went to go get him and I noticed he wasn't there, I started freaking out! well... At least you found them.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I've had that happen at work many times. The baby pacman frogs are notorious for going "missing" under their water bowls. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

It always used to freak me out a little bit when the pacman frogs and other little guys used to borrow under the water bowl... it's like "but you could get crushed! don't do that!!!" Lol. At least you found them!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

i keep worrying about that so i keep destroying their tunnel but everyday they remake it. now its the first place i look for them lol

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm... I wonder if you should put in a "safety"... like 1 or 2 large rocks on either side of the bowl... so they can still borrow down under the water bowl in the middle... but at least it would be supported by the rocks on the sides...
    Ok, bear with me here... i'm going to try to depict what I mean with the keyboard, lol

{___________} <- water bowl
    (_)_______(_)

(_) = rock :D

12. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

that might work. It's definitely worth a try!

13. Shanna66

ill give it a try, thanks