The perfect enclosure competition

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Ralf, Jul 27, 2007.

1. mkbailey755

mkbailey755 New Member

RE: Get on with it

does it have to be for a sav?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LeopardLady

LeopardLady New Member

I would personally love to see pics of bearded enclosures I don't own any at the moment but they are on my want list for the future. I totally agree that this post has gone way off track. lets see some pics!!! :p

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kirby

kirby Embryo

to set the cameras rolling, here is my black soil bearded dragon enclosure. (rankins, lawsons, lesser, bearded dragon.. 'pogona henrylawsonii' ) they are a much smaller species of bearded dragon than the central, and come from queensland black soil plains and forrested areas mix sorta thing.. the enclosure is 3x2x2 foot, which is large enough for three. but as they are solitary animals much like the central. its his roomy little crib, and he guards it with his life.. he's an air headed trouble maker when ever the central strolls passed, his legs spin like bicycle wheels as he is determined to push through the glass..

i live in australia so alot of branches are available in my bushy back yard. i have a two gum tree branches, (the thin ones) a bottle brush tree branch (the thick bubbly one under the greenery) a snow gum branch bleached by the harsh conditions and pretty twisted (my favourte the twisted dead lookign one) amd some ordinary fire wood (the basking spot) i also have a medium hide, (exo terra i beleive) a half log (realistic looking one near the bowl) a water dish. and a WHOLE LOT of greenery. slate tile substrate, and a reptisun 8.0 ... i feed outside the viv, so i have no worries of stray roaches.. :D

the whole cage.
    [​IMG]

basking spot
    [​IMG]

and my little boy rubbing his nose.. hes coming up to a shed..
    [​IMG]

hope you like it..

by the way, i too wouldnt use sand, its not natural and has way too many risks and faults. slate tile, textured and glazed, is the closest thing to the natural substrate of th eaustralian desert, its also the safest. ive been to the desert twice, two different places. and no sand, or particle substrate is safe enough of more a like. slate by far wins my vote.