THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM...AND THE JITTERS AFTER

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by LilithTheLizardLady, Aug 31, 2013.

1. LilithTheLizardLady

LilithTheLizardLady New Member

:-? Hi guys-

Anybody here have issues with your lizards during and right after a storm?? Asking because during the time that Chascamichay {bluetongue skink} was out of her tank today there was a point where she kind of clamped down on my right ear and held on somewhat tightly {although she allowed me to remove her from that spot}. Thing is yesterday afternoon my cat became somewhat agitated. A few hours after that it started raining really hard and eventually there was a thunderstorm too. Chasca comes out of tank quite a lot and mainly stays at home. She eats a large meal of powdered dog food twice a week {Chasca weighs at least two lbs and oh btw we have to use dog food due to my circumstances}. I am fine and my ear is fine. Actually I have had Chascamichay since she was five months old and I have only bin bitten twice {and btw both were accidental, first time I dropped something in her tank and had to retrieve it and I startled her, and the second I tried to remove her from the tank while she was shedding}. Thing is I feel bad for Chasca. Any ideas what couuld be happening?? :-?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm, animals are quite a bit more sensitive to barometric pressures and electrical fields... Both of which change drastically right before a storm so she just may have been sensing those things and wanted to get back to her "Safe place" (aka her tank). I wouldn't worry about it too much - happens in the wild! Lol

LilithTheLizardLady likes this.