Terrible news

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Geckonator, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Geckonator

Geckonator Embryo

I read an article in the newspaper this morning that almost made me cry. Last April, a bunch of teenagers broke into several houses, vanadlised them and place one family's gecko in the microwave :) I'm not sure where this happened but it immediately made me think of my guy, I've only had him for a little while but the thought of something this horrific completely freaked me out and and infuriated me. Quote: " a victims older son no longer wants a pet after the gecko he had for TEN years was killed." I can't imagine how angry I'd be if a good friend of ten years was microwaved by a bunch of juvenile delinquents. :) I say put THEM in a microwave and see how they like it. (I realize that this may not belong on this forum but I couldn't help but express my feelings on this issue.)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Saborfk

Saborfk New Member

That is really horrible. What kind of person is capable of something like that? I don't even want to think about my guys catching a cold, much less that.

It's unbelievable that someone could care so less about an animal that they would do something like that, Poor little gecko. I hope they got crazy fines and penaltys and anything they could throw at them, Like you said let them suffer like that poor gecko did. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tyler12

tyler12 New Member

this is the kind of crap that makes me reeally mad, i mysellf am a teenager and i feel bad that i have to share the same age group with these jerks!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :angry: :angry: :angry:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Sadly animal cruelty happens all the time, from the smallest of animals up to the largest and the best we can do is just to support our local ASPCA groups and other charities and animal rehab centers. It's so sad what people can do :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i dont even want to think about someone doing something so horrible to any of my pets. ive only had ethen for a couple years but she is by far my favorite caged pet and certainly my favorite of all my reptiles

@toxxikgeckos12
    its the same way with young adults too.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Dont mean to bring up an old thread, but wow.. microwaved.. thats ridiculous, how could you knowingly kill an animal? (Unless its a bear trying to rip your face off) But seriously... i couldnt imagine someone having joy in doing that?
    Some really sick people in this world
    I felt terrible when i accidently stepped on my aunts dog toe and he ran in fear: ( Some really sick disgusting people