Sylvester

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by nathanjburt, Feb 20, 2003.

1. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

I have a breeding pair of eyed (jewlled) lizards. I have no idea how old they are, but I do know that there is something wrong with Sylvester. He had an eye infection and now we think he migh be blind as he bumps into things all the time and never seems to catch any food. I think that he is getting old and I am worried that he might not live for much longer. Tasha suggested that we syringe feed him, but I don't think that will work. Does any one have any suggestions??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well, syringe feeding (without the needle of course) might help get something inside him for a while. I've had a couple of leopard geckos that weren't able to see, and they had to be hand fed their whole lives (they were hatched out without eyes due to fluctuating incubation temps).

If a reptile can't see to catch his food, then there isn't much you can do other than feed for him. An eye dropper or a needless syringe is probably the best way to do that.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Thanks AXE, will try it out. If he doesn't eat from hand feeding what do you think I should do?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

I can't imagine him letting you or me for that matter hand feed him.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

We have got to try Tasha, we can't let him starve.