swimmign corns?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by jmadams, Sep 13, 2004.

1. jmadams

jmadams New Member

I posted this in the Leo forum, but I love this idea and am trying to see what herps I have would/could use this.

Would a Corn swim if giving the chance too. I am going to biuld some new enclosures for my adults, and was thinking of using a false bottom and a water basin like I did with my beardies. I have a sink drain in the bottom for easy cleanings. It would be around 4 or so inches deep, with a ramp/ladder for easy access. This works great for my beardie, and she loves to swim. If you think this would work or not let me know. If I do go this route I will post pics.

Thanks in advance.
    Joe

PS: I got this idea form a forum where the guy did this same type of thing for a turtle. I can't remember if it was here, or some other site. So where ever you are, thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. susyq

susyq Member

my corns swim, ive got a ceramic oval pye dish in my enclosures the long side measures 10 inches and the short side 6 inches

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jackiet

jackiet New Member

Mine does a few times month-- but poops in the bigger water bowl EVERY TIME
    He doesn't stay in the water too long-- just a few minutes

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Access to a "swimming hole" would be nice, just make sure there's plenty of land space and I don't think there would be a problem.