Surprise!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by StikyPaws312, Dec 7, 2011.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

So... I wasn't looking to get any more reptiles... but my friend Chris keeps springing adorable little hatchlings on me any time I see him.... and I just can't help it!! So not only did he make me fall in love with an absolutely adorable hatchling ornate Uri last time... but this time around I just went to pick up a tank for said Uri, and I come home with a Vision tank AND a month old gargoyle gecko! So adorable!!! So... without further adeu, here is my new little guy :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics were taken with the cell yesterday morning because my cats have tried to murder him already! :eek: I got him on sunday and I have him in the reptile room in a little tupperware right now until he gets quite a bit larger. Even though I usually leave the door closed my cats somehow got it open monday night and devised a plan to eat my new little family member! They were so ingenious that they pulled their little sleeping pillow bed thing around the corner of the desk so it was directly under his tank and then proceeded to push the tank off of the desk. It crashed to the floor but apparently very quietly.... The next morning when I went downstairs to feed them they were very intent on a box, or rather something behind the box.... Thinking that it was some poor defenseless moth or spider or something I grabbed a flashlight and went to see what they had trapped. Little did I know I'd be saving my poor little guy from being tormented by my cats!

I have no idea how he got out of that room, all the way down a flight of steps, into the dining room, and behind a huge box all WITHOUT being hurt what-so-ever! Not a single scratch on him :) I'm thinking his daring escape and survival has to play into his name somehow... lol.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Cuuuuute. I want more pictures of the uro though. :C

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

He's so adorable! :D That's good he was alright after that all happened too! That's crazy he went so far!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

crazy little garg. he is really cute

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Thanks guys! Cammy - I just realized I don't think I ever made a thread for my new Uri.... Here ya go!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

He is so adorable! And a crafty little guy. I'm so glad that you, or rather your cats, found him. : ) Now you have such a great story for his first time home : )