Supples and Feeders

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Frost_Wraith, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

Well, I was going to by reptile supplies and feeder insects from Fluker Farms, but after finding out how nasty they are I need to change.

Does anyone know any trustworthy feeder suppliers and/or reptile supply companies?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Exo-Terra is pretty good for actual supplies and equipment, but they do sell some of the more 'novelty' type products (light up volcanoes, etc). I don't buy insects from Fluker's so I can't really comment on any problems. We get our insects from Reptilefood.com. Ghann's Cricket Farm (ghanns.com, I think) has a pretty good rep and we've bought from them before.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. herpslave

herpslave Member

Exo terra lights are weak. They blow out much quicker and lose heat from the light after awhile. Flukers just sucks butt so much I don't even want to say anything with here name in it. lllreptile.com americancricketranch.com is a good site for feeders too, superwormfarm.com are good too. Yet LLLREPTILE I HAVE BEEN MOST PLEASED WITH.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

I wouldn't discount Exo-Terra, yeah they make some novelty like things. But some of thier items really help a good bit. The small waterfall they made works real well in my tokay tank. Because of it, the humidity in there never drops below 60% (As long as I keep it filled) They have some nice diet suppliments and water condistioners. And I like the idea of the fogger. Also, haven't had any problms with the lights I've bought from them....Anyways...

Reptilesupplys.com and herpsupplys.com how are they? They look like good places to order from.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

Does anyone know if ZooMed is ok? Any problems with them? Quite a few of thier products seem worth using.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Slizarus

Slizarus New Member

Zoomed and Exo Terra are some of the better supplies you can buy, talking to the Exo Terra Owner (or Rep, not sure) at the IRBA
    I asked about his products and how they compare to Zoomed, mostly the UV lights though.. Exo terra has some great products.. The Meal worm feeder is a nice idea, and their Waterfalls are Much better than Zoomed's in My opinion, most other things however there aren't huge differences and they're pretty equal in most other respects..
    Go with either depending on the products.. Zoomed for lights.. Exo for waterfalls and Feeding dishes, etc

For Food? American Cricket ranch, LLLReptile are decent as well.. but Cricket ranch is cheaper in small intervals like 100 Giant meals for $4.. Annoying that with LLLReptile Giants are special order at the store :D but that's not a big thing.

12. zarffyn

zarffyn Member

I have ordered from herpsupplies.com and am incredibly pleased with their service. They have an extensive amount of items to choose from and very reasonable prices. Excellent customer service. I bought a defective item and when I emailed them, not only did they ship me another one free, but they tested it first to make sure it didn't have the same problem.

I also recommend thatpetplace.com. I usually compare between herpsupplies.com and thatpetplace.com to see which one has the better deals on the items I need.

13. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

reptilefoods.com. Good? Bad? Anyone know?

14. herpslave

herpslave Member

Frost, That depends if you like lethal poisonous spiders in your cricket shipping boxes... Havn't you read posts about this? They are recluse spiders. They are evil creatures that have so offle poison some people can only be treated not cured!

15. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

A) No I haven't I do not have a ton of time on here. Even when it appears I do I'm actually busy doing other things.

B) I obviously don't know or I wouldn't have asked.

C) I am not stupid, I know very well what a brown recluse is. What do they have to do with reptilefoods.com

16. herpslave

herpslave Member

Jeffreh, exploding boy have both bought crickets from them. They have had recluses in them...

17. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

Cool, all I needed to know. I think I'll buy from AmericanCricket Ranch.......anyways.....you have to wonder tho. Things like that must be a pain in the butt for feeder companies. Dark, warm places to raise crickets. Its spider haven.

18. herpslave

herpslave Member

i have never had spider problems with any company I have bought from. Your best bet probably is lllreptile.com:)
    I have recieved 1k supers from them today and 5k mealies. Not one dead. Aswell over 20k crickets and not one dead. (NO SPIDER) The prices are very cheap. 1k crickets for only 16.99 no shipping charges. You usually can get them a day to 4 days from monday. But still they are a good buy if you have a alright supply or dont need much to last you.

19. Frost_Wraith

Frost_Wraith New Member

NOw that your mention this. I *do* remember that when I ordered live crickets from Flukers that there was a spider in with them. I dont' think it was a recluse tho. I ask about reptilefoods because apprently they are a dollar cheaper than Flukers. And Flukers was much cheaper than the local PetCO. Even *with* the shipping. AND they have the 250 count option, the 500 option is a little much.

20. Darina

Darina Embryo

Tell me more about this problem with spiders in cricket boxes, a couple of days ago I found a quite large brown spider in amongst my brown crickets, I found this very strange. i have never heard of this before, whats the story???