Spike's home (pics)

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by JEFFREH, Oct 28, 2004.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Finally! Got some pictures of Spikes cage! Sorry for the darkness, it was kinda late at night. And please excuse the messiness of the cage, it was about 3-4 days after changing and I didnt have time to clean up and prepare before the pics. Enjoy! Oh, and the url and pic below it are the same.

http://www.fni.com/~dragon/pets/jeffsgecko-04.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://www.fni.com/~dragon/pets/jeffsgecko-05.jpg
    [​IMG]

http://www.fni.com/~dragon/pets/jeffsgecko-07.jpg
    [​IMG]

P.S. I'd like to thank kephy for getting the url for all of my pics! Thanks kephy!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

wow that is an awsome setup and a nice looking crestie my friend. are you using coconut fiber as bedding?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

!!!!!!!

One of the best setups I've seen! Spike's really lucky!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Matamata426

Matamata426 Embryo

Yes it looks awesome. But don't they need more climbing areas?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Yes, forgot to mention that. I'm in the process of searching around for materials in order to make some more areas for both perching and climbing. His cage is going to be too cluttered to get anything I can find though :cry: So I plan on getting A LOT more things once he gets his custom cage in around Chrismas. I did find something however that he is enjoying, its a large bunch of leaves that I have attached to the top of the screen. I'll have to get a pic in sometime, not the best to the eye but he really likes it. I'm going pet store to pet store finding all driftwood and any other items that would work well and actually fit in his current cage OR is future one.

He's enjoying it now thanks to the new cage item, this is his 20 gallon home pictured, the one I use for vacation so its really temporary but I had to give his 29 gallon to my BD Charlie, so a lot of his old and good furniture is sitting out the basment. He'll be relieved to know that all of his old and fun branches and plants will be back around Christmas, but it hurts me too know hell have to wait that long. At least he gets his daily 20 minutes handling

Oh and klik, yes it is coconut fibers. I feed him by hand or on that little log thing (thats hes sitting on) so that he doesnt get anything is his mouth. I hate the risks but it looks good, he enjoys it, crickets can't hide, and it holds humididty!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Matamata426

Matamata426 Embryo

Well it just looks like theres a lot of room on the top part of the cage. Whos making your cage?

12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Tom Pregius I beleive his name is. He comes to the Ohio reptile shows and said he'd be willing to make me a cage for some cheap $$$. I took a look at his cages and I'm pleased with them to be honest, and I think Spike's with an opening front will only be like $90-100!