Something has GOT to be done...NOW

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by lturbott, Aug 21, 2004.

1. lturbott

lturbott Member

You all know what we are concerned about...well one of the many concerns lately. We are very concerned that beardies are going to go the way of the iguana. A few years ago iguanas were not cheap to aquire, now you can buy 100 for a dollar each and they are giving them away as prizes.

If we are not careful and start something now, we could be seeing beardies the same way. The whole situation makes us sick to our stomachs.

Right now we are in a fight to stop this attitude people have that because they are "just reptiles" that they shouldn't have the rights of their warm blooded counterparts. We have an ordinance here in Tennessee that protects exotics, however, according to the people I have spoken with the past day or so, it covers the warm-blooded species. Ok, an iguana is not indigenous to the US, so that would make it exotic, whether it be warm or cold blooded.

We are starting a petition, and hopefully you all can help. We need to get names, signatures and do this starting on your local level. Someone let us know if you have any ideas that may help here. This has got to stop and soon. PLEASE lets work together and get this stopped! If we don't do it no one will.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

Someday sadly, I feel beardies and many other herps that are not common to many will be mass produced no matter what we do. But whats the petition link anyways?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lturbott

lturbott Member

I am working on that right now. Hopefully it will do something to open some eyes. I will post as soon as possible. I think I may need to get my husbands help on wording it because my blood pressure rises everytime I think about the whole thing.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

send me the petetion andi will sign it as soon as i get it. are you going to mail it? then pm me and i will give you my address