sick iguana

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by itslynne, Jan 15, 2004.

1. itslynne

itslynne Embryo

My girl is 15 yes old and I have a blood test report but no DR to read it to me. Anywhere I can check out symptoms, a list of such?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Can't your vet explain the results to you? Any vet should be able to for that matter. But as far as a list, the only place I know of that has good info on iguana diseases is anapsid.org. There aren't exactly lists, but she has many diseases listed with their symptoms. Can you describe the symptoms? How long has she been sick?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Biochic: I've been speaking to Lynne in PM's, and apparently the vet is not very good with reptiles, and ddn't really have a clue.

I would suggest checking Herp Vet Connection for a reptile vet in the area. That site is run by a friend of mine, and the vets that are on that list have to have several recommendations from people with reptiles to get up there, so they usually know what they're talking about :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

I'll have to remember that site in the future. Sounds like a great idea! Too bad about her vet. There just aren't enough herp vets out there in some areas. I got lucky that my vet just happened to work with exotics when our first herp got sick. I guess I was luckier than I thought! Good luck Lynne!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yeah, finding a GOOD reptile vet is hard to find. Fortunately we've got two within about an hour's drive of here. One is EXTREMELY good and is only about 30 mins away...

But, we did come across one or two bad ones before we found them. Some vets should just stick to cats & dogs.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Dominick

Dominick Embryo

Hi-

I have a pretty good Blood Test analysis a friend of mine did to determine where her Iguana landed in the scheme of things. It has comparisons with 3 other Iguana result, states norms and explanations of each result.

It's an Excel spreadsheet, but unfortuntely, I can't figure out how to attach it to the message.

If someone could explain how to attach it, I'd be glad to.

Otherwise, I could e-mail it directly to anyone who's interested. Just let me know.

12. Sluefoot26

Sluefoot26 New Member

Dominick

The easiest way is to Email the xml sheet to her if she could provide an email address to you?

Tim.

13. Dominick

Dominick Embryo

14. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hey Dominick, I wouldn't mind a copy of hat if you fancy E-Mailing it to me.. You can reach me at admin@reptilerooms.com

15. Dominick

Dominick Embryo

Hi John-
    No problem, it's on its way!

Regards,
    Dominick