Shango and Oshun

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by hobotramp, Feb 18, 2003.

1. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Well, they have both lost some weight while we were away. Still active, but we'll be feeding them lots of wax worms and mealies (crickets too), to get their weight back up. We'll be taking a fecal in as soon as we get a fresh one to see how the coccidia is. Definitely need to get some weight on them again before any treatment can be done.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

That's a bummer, but hopefully they'll put it back on again fairly soon and they can be treated.

It's tough when they've got coccidea because that can cause them to not put the weight on so quick, so it's a catch 22. They need to put on weight so you can treat for the coccidea, but the coccidea's fighting the weight gain.

But, like I said, all being well, they'll put the weight back on, even if a lil slowly, and can get through their treatments. :)

Just be careful when they do go through their treatments, because it will make them a bit dehydrated, so you'll have to put their fluids up a bit.

Good luck! :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Good luck with them, I hope they gain weight soon.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

We've seen both of them eating today. Only Oshun has been witnessed over the last couple of days, but the wax worms, mealies, and 1/2" crix are all disappearing. Both are still very active as well. Looks good so far.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptile.breeder

reptile.breeder New Member

hobotramp can you explain to me in more detail what you do with the leos facies please so i can do it myself thanks alot

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Nothing with the leos feces so far, but we'll be taking in a sample from the leos and agamas to have the vet analyze. The agamas previously tested positive for the coccidia strain, but we needed to put weight on them first.

By the way, they're weights seem to be back up now and they are very active with their full little bellies.