Scuttles new home!!!!

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by MimC, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MimC

MimC Moderator

So the big project for this weekend was to move my Uro and my youngest beardie into their new 75 gallon tanks. It turned into a HUGE project as it meant we had to re-arrange the entire reptile room, move everyone...what a nightmare! It took hours...but im very pleased with the results...

Scuttles new digs:

Cool side...

[​IMG]

Basking tower with hides...

[​IMG]

Checking out the new house...

[​IMG]

Just peeking out...

[​IMG]

Full tank shot...

[​IMG]

I was so suprised, he took right to the tank, exploring and climbing and digging - not hiding at all, which he usually does when he is freaked out...i guess he loves the tank as much as i do!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi Mim,
    Very nice setup there, looks good.
    Is that pool filter sand you are using?
    Nice to know he didn't freak out in new home, I'm just hoping Spike will be the same.
    He seems to be happy in that pic, just peeking out.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

Im sure spike will LOVE his new home :p

Scuttle will be much happier nce i get the temps 100% fixed!

Anyway - after our chat this morning i looked into pool sand...its not much more expensive than the stuff i bought...6.99$ for 50lbs, the stuff i got was like 4.50$ for 50lbs. So i think im gonna go to the hardware store and buy some..i will probably wait till i need to change the sand again, just so i dont waste sand, time and energy...but thanks for the tip!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bruno

bruno Moderator

Just so everyone knows what we have been talking about.
    Pool sand is better because it's cleaner, no lumps or rocks in it, and less dusty than the playsand you get over there.
    Out of interest, I checked some UK sites and your prices are WAAAAY cheaper.
    You pay $6.99 for 50 lbs...... we pay £17 for 25 kgs (55lbs)... so thats approx $25 for same amount...no way could we afford that. :). Guess it's because you have more pools over there than we do here. To damn cold here for pools...:p