screen or plxi glass

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Jhoss22, May 18, 2004.

1. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

i'm fairly new to anoles because i've only owned them when i was like 3 and i'm going to get some this weekend and i need to build them a tank. it will be 2ft wide 2ft deep and 4 feet tall. i'm going to make the frame out of 2 by 2s. i was wondering if i should use plexi glass or small wire mesh. plz help me.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. cheriT3719

cheriT3719 New Member

I have heard not to use wire, but plastic screen. However for anoles I would say plexiglass with a screen cover. Sounds pretty big. They should enjoy a home like that!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. cd

cd Member

I would be careful about how close to the screen you put any of the branches, or what ever your going to have in there, epecially if their lamp is sitting on top of the screen. My freind came home from work one day, and found one of hers hanging upside down on the screen with his toes directly under the lamp. His poor little body was completely cooked because he hadn't moved even though it was was burning him.
    Sorry about the morbid story, but I wouldn't want to see it ever happen to anyone else.
    -Cristine

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Jhoss22

Jhoss22 Member

ok thx. i figured that is what i would use i already figured it out but thx for the help.