Screen Name Meanings - Merged

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by jackiet, Mar 3, 2004.

1. joey

joey New Member

Yep..they r mine!! Thanks...After I had Dustin they grow like crazy and no thats there real color!!! :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

i want your nails! lmao! mine are all stubby! lol.. i have a bad habit of bitting them when im nervous... so yeah! i wish i had long nails! i love your nails! lmao

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

My screen name is for my kids...
    Dyla=Dylan
    Cat=Caitlin

I needed to come up with an email address a long time ago, and a friend had suggested something along those lines. Since then, it's just kind of stuck...wherever I go.

Rebecca

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

well here goes . . .

i am 5'2" and weigh from 102 to 107 pounds and i never shut up. i am one of the most nervous people on the planet and i zip around a million miles per hour eating nothing but sugar and talking and nervously playing with my fingers! lol!

so my junior year of college i was in animal behavior and we were talking about metabolism and my prof said that i had the metabolism of a hummingbird cuz i eat everything in sight and i love sweets and i never gain any weight, but i'm always running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off. the very next day i was in developmental psych and THAT prof said i had the metabolism of a hummingbird! and he hadn't even talked to the other prof from the bio department! 2 profs in 2 days!

so i'm the hummingbird! [​IMG]

P.S. - i merged the 'screen name' threads into one so we can all read all of them and don't have to repost if we already responded in the old one. so you all might wanna go back and read the previous posts. :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. GeckoKing_57

GeckoKing_57 New Member

Well take a look at my list on What Geckos do you have under Other Geckos... Then ask that question.... My list is larger than the one on my sig. cause that all I could fit, but I have been into herps for many years. That and it is Astrological, I am a leo, (King of the Jungle) and I am a Gecko Freak so it only fits. GeckoKing as for the 57, my last name is Hines.......yes like the Ketchup only spelled differently

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

LOL GK...I would've never guessed that the "57" stood for that. :)

Rebecca

12. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

i dont get the "57" i might, but i dont know! lol sorry to tired to think!

13. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

"Heinz 57"....the ketchup

14. Hummingbird

but 'heinz' (hine-ts) and 'hines' (the way it's spelled) aren't pronounced the same . . . so i still don't get it. is it just because the 2 words kind of sound the same?

15. Smileen

Smileen Member

I guess Heinz is pronounced differently in different parts of the country.... we (in GA) pronounce it Hines.

16. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

here in Minnesota its Heinz! lol i yeah i get it now! lol thanks!

17. Hummingbird

really? well it's german, so we always pronounce it 'hein-tz'. of course, i call the spiral things that heat up on top of the stove "eyes" instead of "burners" or whatever they're supposed to be called! lol!

18. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

lol oh really?! hmm i used to call pre-school, prettyschool!! lmao

19. Explodingboy01

Explodingboy01 New Member

I think I've answered this once in a different post, but here goes.

I've been a big fan of the band, "The Cure" since about 1984. I hadn't missed a concert from 1986 until recently due to them not playing near my area and not from lack of me wanting to. Anyway, they have a song from one of their B-sides called The Exploding Boy. This song had significant impact on me because this was about the time that I was in Air Force Basic Training and the only thing that I had that I could call my own was my walkman and a Cure tape that had this song on it. That song happened to be my favorite song at the time. When I got involved in the World Wide Web and email (1994?), I signed up for a yahoo account. The exploding boy and exploding boy were already taken, so I became Explodingboy01 and I've been using it ever since.

I happen to be a bit of an artist, so I even took it a step further and created a little comic strip character to go along with it. Here's a GIF I created. My little logo. :)
    [​IMG]

20. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Mine's wideglide because I own a Harley Davidson Wideglide.

21. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

EB~I love your gif...it does resemble Robert Smith. I was, and still am, a big fan of The Cure...awesome band. At one point, when I was much younger (18?), I even dated a guy just because his name was Robert Smith...how pathetic, huh?

22. Explodingboy01

Explodingboy01 New Member

LOL!

Well, even though I'm a teacher, I still wear my hair long. I keep it gelled back and in a pony tail most of the time, but I keep it long so that I can wear it like a rat's nest on occasions (like in my avatar over there <-- ). I'm growing old, but I refuse to grow up. :D My students love me, so I guess I'm doing something right!

23. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

That's the important part...as long as they like their teacher, they learn quite a bit.

24. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

mythdragonlover= i love mythology of all kinds (Greek, Japonese, Norse, American, Mayan, ect.). I love dragons (not breadies the mythical ones, anotehr meaning for 'myth', but don't get me wrong i like breadie! i didn't even know they existed when i made this screen name!) and then lover cause i love em both!

I know I don't have the best name but hey... One day last agust i was joining a message board place (gamefaqs.com). and tehn when i was joining here I'm like I'l just make em the same!

25. Sirch

Sirch Member

its really weird there's a sirch on most forums but i only belong to three
    do a google for sirch +forums and youll see what i mean