Sav Monitor Concern

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by KLiK, Aug 21, 2004.

1. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i was holding my savannah monitor which is only around a month old and he sneezed and a snot bubble was on his nostril. should i be concerned? other than that he is eating fine he loves to dig in his tank and he loves to roam around.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Slizarus

Slizarus New Member

Sneezed? How odd.. but yes, be concerned and get him checked at the vet before it gets worse.. we both know that Savannahs aren't built to blow snot bubbles.. it could possibly be a cold.. or respiratory infection? Salt Secretions? (Not sure about that but thought I'd throw it in there)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

no savannahs don't have salt secretions. but yea im going to bring him to a vet soon.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

turns out he has a slight cold but nothing a boost in temperatures cant fix. i am so relieved

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Slizarus

Slizarus New Member

Good to hear.. I didn't think salt secretions may be the problem.. but who knows lol, he may like swimming in the ocean and becoming a marine iggy ;)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

lol that would be interesting. but he does enjoy swimming, i fill up my bath tub a little and let him swim in it

12. Albino_Hendrix

Albino_Hendrix Embryo

resportory infection.

13. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

this was taken care of a very long time ago. and the vet told me he just had a slight cold. all i needed to do was boost the temps and he was fine

14. Albino_Hendrix

Albino_Hendrix Embryo

what did the vet do?

did the vet give u any type of medicine?
    because my day time temps are perfect but im not to sure on my night time temps..i dont use and nightbulbs or heat pads or anything so at night the temp in the cage is the temp in my room. which is isally 70-75 but sometimes on really cold nights it will get down to like 67-69 degrees and i was just wondering if thats a problem. and should i go buy like a night bilb or somethin along those lines.

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

no i didnt get any meds for him. all he said was to raise up the temp. my night temps are 75-78F