RI question.

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Belletair, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Belletair

Belletair New Member

I've been wondering lately if my boa has a respiratory infection, because of a slight hiss when she exhales. Now, it's a bit confusing. She breathes completely fine without any noise or whatnot when she's alone in her cage, or just sitting on me. She only does it when I move her/pick her up, or just randomly. There are not bubbles or such around her nostrils, which in my experience is pretty common with a RI.

She's done this for a long while now, probably nearing a year. (she's two years old and about 7 feet, if that helps)

Any clue what's up/wrong with her? Or is it like a fluke... just something she does when pressure is put on her (kinda like us)? (not a lot of pressure, and it's not always when I'm picking her up/holding her. on occasion she just... breathes like that)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. GeckoKing57

GeckoKing57 Embryo

I have noticed that with mine as well.. Only in my larger snakes( 9ft female RTB, 5.5ft male Hogg Island, and my 13 ft albino burm) A friend of mine says my female has "black nose"? He had said that they just werent soaking enough and their nostriles were dry, so they occasionaly open their mouths to breath, hense the hiss..Not sure though. Hope this kinda helps